Survey or Short Answer Questions

Jun 28, 2017

Absolutely love Rise, but one feature I'm hoping is coming in the future, or better yet, I'm just not realizing is an option.

I'd love the ability to put in a box for my end users to fill out their own thoughts on a subject, a survey or short answer question.  Is that something that's possible in Rise? 

112 Replies
Peter Vitez
Claire Doody

+1 for long-form non graded answers. Seems like people have been asking for this for 3 years?

In the meantime, If I embed a google form, will the answers be stored/tracked by the LMS (absorb) or sent to a spreadsheet/e-mail address outside the LMS? Could you explain the options to me please?

And is there a way to have the answers not disappear in Rise when the user submits  them. Thanks you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Claire! Thanks for adding your voice to this feature request.

If you embed a Google Form in Rise 360, the responses will be sent to a Google Sheet, just as they would if you shared the standalone form outside of the course. The responses won't be tracked in your LMS. 

You can read more about how Google Forms work in this Google support article: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6281888

brian haugen

What is the ETA on non-graded, open ended questions in Rise?

This is getting to be a bigger and bigger issue as clients are looking for more than canned answers. They/we want to know a bit about what and how a student thinks...

Can you recommend another platform that can do this....or where we can do this and import it into articulate??

Thanks

brian

Brian R Haugen RSE PID M Ed
Top of Form
Bottom of Form

Director, Education and Engagement
International Union of Operating Engineers Local 115
www.linkedin.com/in/brian-r-haugen

[cid:image001.jpg@01CE9745.EED1AF60]

I.U.O.E. Local 115
4333 Ledger Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3T3
O: 604-336-8074
M: 604-828-1531
-------------------------------
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Brian! I see you asked a similar question a couple months ago, but we haven't added an open-ended survey question to Rise 360 since then.

The best way to add a survey question to a Rise 360 course is still to embed a survey from a third-party tool (like Google Forms or Survey Monkey) using a Multimedia Embed block. 

We'll let you know if we add survey questions to Rise 360 in the future.

Will Findlay

This is suboptimal when using an LMS. It means your data is now in two places, and putting it back together isn't trivial when you have to ask the user for their name/id number in Forms or SurveyMonkey. Plus, there is no way to guarantee they actually complete the task of doing the survey.

Claire Doody

Thanks Alyssa

I've embedded 5 google forms into a process block (one form for each step of process) using the 'embed from web' option. I can either Paste URL or iframe code. Can you tell me what difference choosing one or other options makes?

It looks like when I paste the URL, the title of the form automatically appears in the top left of the page (which I don't want). I don't see any other difference.  

When I use the iframe code instead, it seems I need to delete 'loading....' from the code. Is that a known issue? 

Thanks!

Caitlin Meyer Krause

Another vote for a non-graded fill in the blank or short answer question. Would be a great addition. I don't need to see the actual responses, but would like space for users to type and not just answer in their head.

Having the option to have the fill in the blank question non-graded is all I need! 

Or the option to have the sorting activity non-graded.