Review 360 - reviewers forced to log in

Jul 01, 2019

Hi,

I've followed the procedures (per the Review 360 User Guide) to let users review my 360 content in Review 360, but they are forced to log in (create an Articulate 360 account). I don't want to force them to do that.

Is there some global setting for the Articulate 360 suite of products that my company has to manage to allow users to post comments without logging in?

Thanks

Tim

37 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hey Tim,

That is a great way to utilize Review 360! Let's see if we can get you back on the right track here. 

After uploading the content to Review 360, there is a way that you can share the content and allow people without Articulate ID's to review and comment.

With your course open in Review 360, if you click on the Share button on the top right, you will see an option to access a shareable link: 

You will want to be sure that Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment is marked. The only other way you’d see a password prompt is if you actually had an Articulate ID associated with the email address you’re trying to comment with.

I hope this helps! 

Philip Roy

Ok, same concept, but around the other way...is there any way to set up not just one review module, but all modules to require an Articulate ID? Is there a global setting, perhaps for an organisation that has an enterprise license?

The reason I ask, is that whilst not creating an account is easier...in testing, I've found if I go back to a module someone has commented on, use this colleague's email address (I know, it's a silly thing to do, but I was testing) not only can I comment as them, but I can delete or edit their previous comments. To me, that's slightly concerning.

My advice to colleagues is that we should be requiring people to set up a free account using a work email address...but is there a simple way to globally enforce that across an organisation's account?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Philip,

All reviewers can resolve comments, as noted in our user guide here. So yes, an individual could comment and enter in an email address that isn't their own so if that is a concern for you I'd look at requiring users to set up an account. 

I'll let the team know that you'd like to see this as a global feature. We'll keep you posted here if this is added in.

Ellen Brodsky

I am having a problem where even though the box is checked to allow reviewers to leave comments on Review without an Articulate login, my reviewers are all being asked to log in anyway, and one of them can't get past the log in, even though she has log in credentials, so she has been unable to leave comments on Review at all.

The team told me they have always been asked to log in to leave comments on Review. What's with that?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for contacting us and sharing what your reviewers are experiencing.

Do reviewers have to log in to leave comments?

No. If you've checked the box to 'Allow users without an Articulate ID to comment', then anyone with the link can comment.

Here's the catch:

• They will be prompted to enter their email address to post comments so they can receive notifications for replies.
  • If their email address is tied to an Articulate ID and if they aren't already signed in, they'll be prompted to enter their password.

It sounds like your reviewers have Articulate IDs.

Back to your reviewer that can't get past the login, even though she has login credentials. Is she not able to login? We'd certainly want to take a look at that. 

Please have her contact our team here.

Leslie McKerchie

Glad you were able to track that down, Marcus. I appreciate you popping in to share an update. That is the expected behavior for those with an Articulate ID:

If their email address is tied to an Articulate ID and if they aren't already signed in, they'll be prompted to enter their password.

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes by the way!

Tom Seguin

Hi, 

We have one person in our organization that is being prompted to enter her Articulate credentials when trying to review a course. She should not have an Articulate account. The course is set to Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment but she is still getting the prompt. It is possible to verify if she setup an Articulate account at some point?

Ren Gomez

Hi France,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear that! Can you explain a bit more when you say your reviewers are "booted out"? 

When reviewers without Articulate IDs access a Review 360 link, they can type directly into the comments section and will be prompted to enter their email address to continue.

Do you know if they're receiving this prompt multiple times? Have them try on a different browser or ensure they're on the latest version of their browser as that can sometimes cause issues.

If this keeps happening, connect with our support engineers, and they can lend a hand!

France Hernandez

Hi there, Ren!

Thanks for your quick response. It looks like the issue here was that the person having the issues actually has an Articulate login, but had forgotten about it. Once she realized the issue, she was able to login.

Others, who'd have no reason to have an Articulate login, were connecting and commenting without an issue.

So, (non-)issue resolved, but I wanted to note that here, in case someone else is encountering a similar problem!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Ron. 

Thank you for opening a support case with our engineers! As my teammate Rowie mentioned, the screenshot above is from Rise 360, not Review 360, with different options.

It looks like Rowie was able to help you find the course owner who could see the feedback left by reviewers, but please feel free to reach out through the case if you have additional questions. 

Mark Hahm

Hello.  I have a co-worker who cannot add comments to Review 360 without logging in.  She once had a Articulate subscription, but due to budgetary reasons, her subscription was not renewed.  When adding a comment (with the "Allow users with Articulate IDs..." box checked), she is unable to log in and add comments.  Is there a way to delete her old email & Articulate ID information all together?