As we welcome in the new year, many of you might be starting new Storyline 360 projects. To help with your projects for the upcoming year, I’ve compiled a list of five Storyline tips from 2020. These tips highlight new and innovative ways to use the awesome features in Storyline 360 to deliver a better learning experience. Take a look! 

1. Create Unique Interactions with the Jump-to-Time Trigger

The jump-to-time trigger is something I didn’t know I needed, and now that I have it, I can’t live without it. With this feature, there are endless possibilities for creating custom interactivity. With this trigger you can:

2. Bring Your Ideas to Life with Motion Path Animations

Motion path animations are nothing new, but if you like saving time like I do, then head on over to this article that’s chock-full of tips and tricks to help you efficiently create motion path animations. With motion path animations, you can create all sorts of creative interactions or fun activities like this Broomstick Brew game

3. Design Different Types of Quizzes That Can Be Tracked

Quizzes are a great way to test learners’ knowledge to see if they’ve mastered the content in your course. They’re also good indicators of whether the course you created is effective in teaching those concepts. One challenge many instructional designers face when crafting quizzes is handling a group of learners with different levels of knowledge. Sound familiar? The good news is that thanks to these new quiz tracking features in Storyline 360, you’ve got some great options for designing effective quizzes for diverse groups of learners.  

4. Save Time by Previewing Only Selected Scenes or Slides

One of the many things I appreciate about Articulate is that they’re always looking for new ways to improve your workflow. In case you missed it, last year they added more options for previewing your course content. In addition to being able to preview one slide, one scene, or your entire project, you can now preview multiple scenes or slides so you can easily see the changes you’re making to your projects. 

5. Stay Organized with Grouped Objects 

One way I like to keep organized is by grouping objects since many projects I work on tend to have a lot of objects on the slide. Grouping objects allows me to easily move, size, rotate, flip, change attributes, and apply animations as if they were one single object. It’s a super simple and quick way to work with multiple objects efficiently. To learn more about how to work with grouped objects, check out this article.    

I hope you found these Storyline tips helpful! If you have any Storyline tips you want to share, comment below! 

Looking for more inspiration? Check out our other Best of 2020 articles:

And remember to follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning.