Articulate Presenter 360 has stopped working

May 14, 2019

I get this error message after opening ANY Presenter course I already built or the new one I am building. I am not doing anything in PowerPoint or Presenter when this error pops up. The error pops up about 1 minute after I open the PowerPoint file.  The rest of the message states, "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program." There is a "Close the program" button at the bottom of the error popup window.

I have the latest versions of all the 360 apps on this Windows 7 (office 2010) computer. Windows has all the latest updates as well.

Does this have anything to do with all the recent 360 install problems I keep getting emails from Articulate about? Or could this be caused by the latest update of Studio 360?

48 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

So sorry you're running into that, Jon! 

In case you haven't tried these steps yet, here's how to repair Microsoft Office (the steps are at the bottom of the page), and here's how to repair Studio 360.

If you're still running into issues after the repair steps, reach out to our Support Team here. They're ready to help you sort this out!

Dianne Hall

My IT department and I spent days on this issue even having a simultaneous remote session with both Articulate support and my IT support.  We finally resolved it by rolling back the version of Presenter.  It went away.  But now the error is appearing again.  Thank goodness it does not actually impact the work I am trying to do.

Joy Womble

Hi Articulate Staff,

I just upgraded Articulate 360 to the August 20, 2019 (Build 3.31.19951.0) update. See the link below. https://articulate.com/support/article/Articulate-Storyline-360-Version-History

After the installation, I received the following error message:

"Articulate Presenter 360 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

I also attached a screen shot of the error message. Please note, the program that I opened was Rise. Can you assist me please?

Joy Womble

Hi Articulate Staff, 

I found a solution. I simply removed (NOT disabled) the Articulate Presenter add-in from PowerPoint. I do not use Presenter, so this was the easiest resolve. Instructions on how to do this is attached. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jon,

I see that Renz reached out to you again last month to follow-up, so I wanted to be sure that you were receiving e-mails from support@articulate.com.

I'm glad that you've found an interim solution, but please feel free to continue troubleshooting in your support case if you decide that you'd like your users to use this functionality.

Andy Whitman

I just started to receive the same error as Doug - has anyone else? If so, do you know anything about how to fix it? I can still open PP and the Articulate Ribbon still displays but it doesn’t let me actually do any Studio-related things.

I went into my C drive and the file it’s referencing isn’t there so I don’t know if that means it is missing on my PC or if PP is trying to grab the wrong file or what.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.