360° Image viewing

May 08, 2018

Has anyone else ever tried to import a 360° image into a Storyline file? I'm using Storyline 360 for training purposes and would like to include a picture in which someone can look around a room and identify key items. It would look similar to the images that were flooding Facebook for some time. You can click into the image and then scroll around or change the angle at which your device was pointed and look around in an environment...any suggestions appreciated.

I've tried once but it just wants to flatten the image and create a panoramic picture.

Thanks!

88 Replies
Allyncia Williams

Hi Sean, 

This is great but do you have an example of how you created a 360 panning of a given environment with interactions? I was also thinking to build a photoshop 360 image for Captivate and trying to connect the two but I'm sure that could be a mess. 

Please advise if I could use a 360 and these hotspot/click and reveal interactions with the slider to create the effect I'm going for. I would like users/learners to pan the environment and pick out items that do not belong.

THanks for sharing these!

Sean Trabue

Allyncia,

I used a 360 Camera (Ricoh Theta). PhotoShop was able to import the image in the 3D layer/environment for editing. The software I've tested to add interactive hotspots, hyperlinks, videos, etc. is Cupix.

Since my submission of this request, I've moved positions and this is no longer a priority on my list of projects. A co-worker of mine is signed up to receive updates though.  Hope this helped and you find what you're looking for.

Best of luck!

Imran Nawaz

Hi, I am trying to upload 360 videos and pictures in adobe captivate while selecting 360 slides, but it is showing that the 1 item is selected and also shown on the left side but it is not showing in the slide(middle). kindly guide me that how can I add 360 videos or pictures in the adobe captivate?

Pete Smithies

This is definitely a step in the right direction, but the fact that this feature has been asked for over a number of years with no implementation until now is pretty concerning...Similarly, other basic functionality like horizontal scrolling, master pages having objects that can show "on top" are other basic requirements that should already be present without convoluted workarounds. It is  a shame that the roadmap makes no mention of these requests - which date back several years!!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Pete, 

Having the public roadmap shared above is a new venture for us. It lists the items our team is currently committed to and will grow as items are added. 

As for the other items you've mentioned, I can see that we are currently tracking Horizontal scrolling for scrolling panels and that you put in an official feature request here as well. Your feature request, the thread you referred to in that request, and this conversation are linked to the report so that we can share updates when we can.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests as that may be helpful.

As for the 'master pages having objects that can show "on top"', this is not a feature request I was able to track down nor am I familiar with this one. Would you be able to share some additional details and information on what you would like to see here?

Pete Smithies

Hi Leslie, thanks for your response.

It is good to hear that you are looking at horizontal scrolling - but how much longer will this actually take... - this is something that I see has been asked for --- for over 8 years!!! 
https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/scrolling-horizontally-using-scrolling-panel 
The workarounds that people have suggested are simply not robust enough - and this is a feature that IMO should already be present.

The master pages with objects that can be shown on top - you have actually replied to requests about this already! 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/master-slide-content-always-on-top

What I (and many others) are wanting is the facility to have items on the master layer that will always be "on top" over any other slides - like a Z-index stacking order. This is a facility that I have at a click of a button on eLearning software that I have used for over 15 years.

Again, IMO a function that should be available "right out of the box"

I look forward to your reply

Regards
Pete