Storyline 360 won't restore when minimized

Jul 25, 2020

I've found that when I minimize Storyline 360, I often can't restore it again. I'm using a copy on my work computer, and I also have a license at home, and they both exhibit the same issue.

Thank for your help.

Dave

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone,

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.76.30446.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Storyline 360 could freeze when minimized.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

113 Replies
Troy Wilson

Trying NOT to be the AH here, although this process does help restore and maximize the StoryLine window, this technically does not solve the issue as the issue will return.  Solving implies that it fixes the issue and does not comeback.  This is technically a workaround until a real solution (permanent fix) is produced and applied by Articulate.  I say this more for clarification for those who might not understand the difference and is expecting the right click method to "fix" their issue.

Joseph Francis

Agreed, and issues like this, which go unresolved for months and years, indicates Articulate does not possess a stable developer stack to address them, much less deliver a 64-bit version of the software. 32-bit Windows PCs have a limit of 3.5Gb of RAM, as memory addresses above that cannot be used, regardless how much RAM above that limit is installed. Most moderate users require 6-8Gb of RAM, otherwise the system is constantly swapping memory contents back and forth to the hard drive to achieve the processing of most workloads. Yet Articulate stubbornly obfuscates its answer whenever queried about the status of a 64-bit Storyline.

Eric Santos

Hi everyone,

I have some great news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.76.30446.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Storyline 360 could freeze when minimized.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

Jennifer Hancock

I have this version and it still gets stuck when minimized. I've been trying for over 5 min to open my file back up. I can't seem to save it, either, so closing it is a bit scary. I think it's even worse after this update because I used to be able to hover over the toolbar icon and select either Restore or Maximize.