New in Rise 360: Team Folders (Beta)

Oct 04, 2023

Update—October 5, 2023: Find out what we've learned from your feedback and how we're improving team folders

We're thrilled to announce that the Team Folders beta is now live in Rise 360! With it comes an enhanced dashboard experience, convenient personal organization in My View, and even more ways to collaborate with your team (as well as external teams). 

Rise Team Folders

Updated Dashboard

The new Rise 360 dashboard sidebar organizes content into sections: My View, Personal, Team, Deleted Items, and External Connections (if you're working with external teams).

Courses you've created alone—without any collaborators—appear in the Personal section, and courses you’re building with other collaborators appear in the Team section. When you add a collaborator to a training item, it moves into the main Team section automatically. Only collaborators on the item can see it there, so don’t worry about others accessing it.

You can create folders and subfolders in each section. And now, when you move something to a folder, it's only visible in that folder! 

My View

With My View, keeping track of items you're currently working on is a snap. You can add specific items for easy access and create folders in the My View section to help organize things further. Content and folders in the My View section display only for you but can contain both personal and team items.

For the launch of the Team Folders beta, we've preserved your previous All Content view in this section. All the training items and folders that were there prior to today's launch have been added for you. This way, you can easily reference your previous view. Clicking an item in My View takes you directly to it. 

Update 10/5: Now, you can move the original item without having to leave My View. Just click the more icon and select Move file. Select a location or create a new folder, then click Move.

Personal and Team Folders

With Team Folders, content created in Rise 360 is added to the section or folder you're currently in. If you're in the personal section, your training appears there. If you're in the team section, it's created there. 

Collaborators can now be assigned at the folder level, saving you time. When you create content in a team folder, it automatically inherits the collaborator permissions applied to that folder. This can even be everyone on your team! All you have to do is select the Share menu option for a folder or item, then select Everyone and assign them collaborator status. Note that the current editor role is the same as the previous collaborator role.

External Connections

If you work with other teams in Rise 360, you'll see new team folders for them as well in the External Connections section. The folder names might be different from what you're used to seeing. That's because Rise 360 now uses the actual name of the organization as it’s listed in account management. This is true for your team as well. An Articulate 360 admin for the external team can modify it with the Edit Organization Name option in account management.

All Rise 360 users have access to the enhanced dashboard and My View feature. If you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you also have access to the new Team section. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to try out this feature, you can start a free 30-day trial

We're excited about the Team Folders feature because it'll allow teams to work together even more easily. And we're releasing it in beta so your feedback can guide us as we continue to develop it. Have feedback? Click on the feedback link in Rise 360 or comment below. We can't wait to hear what you think. 

148 Replies
Georg Volmer

Hi Articulate Team,

Just checking in about the two questions I posted a few weeks back – I haven't seen a response yet and was hoping to get your input. They're pretty important for how we use Rise 360.

1. About setting up folders in the 'Team' section: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/new-in-rise-360-team-folders-beta?page=3#reply-876257

2. On permissions for team folders: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/new-in-rise-360-team-folders-beta?page=3#reply-876261 

Would really appreciate a quick update when you get a chance. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Georg

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Georg! I'm sorry your question got lost in the replies! You can always reach out to us directly in a chat or case if you need fast help and answers.

The Team section doesn't have any structure until you create folders to organize content that has collaborators. Prior to team folders, each collaborator had content listed on their dashboards, but there was no shared folder of content that collaborators had access to. Courses were listed individually.

And I'm sorry to be confusing! You quoted me: "You can work from My View to create a new Team folder structure." 

I meant that if you had a folder structure that made sense in My View, you could reference it to create a similar folder setup in your Team folder section. With Team folders, you can grant access to an entire folder of content to multiple collaborators rather than one course at a time. Previously, without Team folders, nobody else would see the folder structure you created for yourself.

Crystal Horn

Thanks for this perspective, Georg!

Since we currently don't have features like locking courses to prevent changes or a Rise version control, introducing a 'Viewer' role could be a step in the right direction to ensure content integrity.

We don't have this type of role planned for collaborating on content in Rise 360, but we're working on some updates to Review 360 which could help! Publish your content to Review 360 to share with stakeholders who need to view, but not edit, the content.

Milica Potkonjak

Hi all!
Since I'm new to this, I will need help with it. I organized my courses into folders. My subscription changed from one team account to another, and all important courses were in folders and are now missing. How can I get all my work back? Thank you in advance

richard W

Hi, brand new to Articulate and Rise. Stupid question, can non subscribers get access to the courses that are going to be produced by me? I have heard two people can't log in to the same account at the same time - or maybe this is two people can't work on the same course at the same time ??

Thanks Total newbie

Crystal Horn

Hi Richard!

If you are creating courses, these are the only ways that people can get access to those courses:

1. You add other Articulate 360 Teams users as collaborators on your course.
  2. You add the course to a Team folder, automatically giving access to other people on your team who have permissions within that folder.
  3. You send a copy of your course to another Articulate 360 author.
  4. You send a preview of the course to someone using the Share link. They can't edit the course.

Each person signing into Articulate 360 should be using their own Articulate ID (email); 2 people shouldn't be sharing an email to access Articulate 360.

When collaborating, only one person can work on a lesson at time. You can work on the same course with someone else as long as you're working in different lessons! Next to each lesson, you'll see when the last person edited it, or if they're currently editing it:

lesson in edit mode showing the last person to edit it

Crystal Horn

Hi Christin! It sounds like you're asking about the available Groups when you're adjusting your team folders' share settings.

arrow pointing to the Everyone group in the Groups section

Currently, we just show the Everyone group, which includes every seatholder on your Articulate 360 team. We're exploring how we can expand the Groups functionality.

Would you want to create new groups as an author? Would you like to use existing Articulate 360 groups as designated by your account admins? I'd like to hear more about your use case!

Karen Parker-Peters

Hi, I've requested being able to share via account groups instead of just Everyone. Our use case is we have over 100 licenses company-wide grouped in the account by cost center. In one of the cost centers, there are about 35 licenses. It would be so much easier to be able to create a folder and share to that cost center rather than having to add the 35 licenses each time. Thanks!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Caroline, 

Happy to help!

Can I ask how the course was shared with you so we can share some troubleshooting steps to check why you are unable to see it on your dashboard? 

For example, if you were added as a collaborator, you can ask the owner of the Rise 360 course to send you a screenshot of the Manage Collaborators section, to confirm that you were properly added. In the screenshot below, you'll see my name listed as the course owner, with my colleague added as an editor.

If your name is visible in this section, try signing out and then signing back in again to your account to see if this helps.

Eimear O Neill

Happy New Year all!

Our team are getting more comfortable using the Team folders, thanks!

I have one question around translated Rise courses. 

When we translate into different languages of which I am not familiar with i.e. Russian. How can I label a course/module in such a way in English to quickly recognise them without changing the actual Russian title or course content. I wish there was a description option with Rise files for internal ID use.

Does anyone have a workaround for this challenge?

Many thanks,

Eimear

The Career  Academy

I have been away for an extended time and have come back and noticed the folder changes in Rise.

I now have over 70 shortcut folders and 84 public folders, with a lot of duplicates. How do I get them all into the shortcut folders, ensuring that the contents of the folders all move across?

This is messy with duplicates and singles all over the place.

I have tried to move from Public to Shortcut but it will not allow me to copy over.

Steven Benassi

Hi The Career Academy!

It sounds like you had questions about organizing team folder content in Rise 360. I'd be glad to share some insight on that!

This user guide walks you through the steps for managing your shortcuts, as well as moving content and folders.

Please let me know if you run into any setbacks, I'd be happy to assist further!