Rise on LMS

Nov 21, 2016

Has anyone been successful loading a Rise course into LMS with Scorm?  I wanted to test it out, so i exported as a SCORM and then i uploaded into my LMS and my LMS can't seem to recognize it.  Has anyone else has this issue?

89 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Aida! Thanks for letting us know that you tested the output on SCORM Cloud that is working well. Hopefully a fellow Talent LMS colleague will chime in to assist here and you may want to reach out to them as well.

Looks like Barry in this thread was able to use that LMS successfully and I took a peek at Neuro's case and they were reaching out to Talent LMS as well.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kirk,

Frederick's answer is a bit older, so I'm not certain if he is still subscribed here- but you could always use the "contact me" button on a ELH users' profile to reach out to them directly!

If you're using Storyline 360 you may want to take a look at the FAQs on our responsive player which would display in mobile, and if you're using Rise, here's more info about how it's inherently responsive. Best of luck with your project! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lianet and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Not sure if your question was geared towards Natalie and any follow up information from her testing and results. 

You are certainly welcome to reach out to the user directly via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if you do not hear back soon.

Instructions for publishing your Rise course for LMS upload can be found here.

Isabelle ALLERMOZ

Hi everyone,

I have some difficulties with a module made with Rise.
I succeed in uploading the sample course (employee health and wellness), but when I try with mine, my LMS (saba) displays this error message:

Invalid content. ERROR: Failed to extract the manifest file from content package. POssible cause: The markup in XML document (manifest file) preceding the root element is not well-formed.

Could you help me?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sheldon, 

Based on another users post:

Problem solved!  I was launching the course using the incorrect html file.  In SuccessFactors learning, the launch URL for the content object must point to  "\scormdriver\indexAPI.html", not "\scormcontent\index.html".  Please circulate this.  Thanks!

Is that the file you're trying to use? 

Alyssa Gomez

That's right, Kimberly. The results slide is the thing that will send the data to your LMS.  Once that data is compiled in the LMS database, there's really no limit to what kind of analysis you can perform (assuming the LMS grants access to the data)!  

Like Leslie mentioned, you'll want to reach out to your LMS Administrator to find out what options they have available for reporting and data analysis.

Crystal Horn

Hi folks!  If you're using SuccessFactors, here's some important information about uploading your Rise course.  We heard that some of you were being prompted to identify the launch file, so we reached out to SuccessFactors.  Here's what they said:

They are not required to pick which file they is set up as the launch file as long as the use the import tool which is available under Content>Tools>Import Content.

They may need to configuration a deployment location if they want to deploy the content files directly to the server.

They should contact the SuccessFactors Customer support if they need help with that.

I hope that helps, and please let us know how you make out.  😊

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.