"I did not address how to organize and keep track of the multitudes of "pieces" that go into developing an elearning course in this post. ..."
- over 1 year ago06/20/18 at 5:33 pm (UTC)
"It sounds like a learning opportunity for your company. People who have lived with disabilities come to realize that things cannot always..."
- over 3 years ago06/17/16 at 5:55 pm (UTC)
"I have never developed such a course but I did create a standardized orientation for my SMEs. The orientation was based on a set of conte..."
- over 4 years ago08/25/15 at 12:37 am (UTC)
David Ward started a new discussion What tools do you recommend for documenting visual elements of instructional design?
"I often see instructional designers writing long strings of prose to describe visual elements in instructional design (ID) documentation...."
- over 4 years ago08/24/15 at 1:28 am (UTC)
"Here is an example story (attached). I stripped out all the slides but one without a recording to minimize the file size. The remaining s..."
- over 4 years ago07/22/15 at 7:14 pm (UTC)
"Thanks for the response, Leslie. I don't want to remove the text boxes from the tab order because I do want the screen reader to read the..."
- over 4 years ago07/22/15 at 4:49 pm (UTC)
"Hi Ashley, I am using JAWS and it's reading the text in text boxes. This is the behavior I want. However, after reading the text, JAWS s..."
- over 4 years ago07/22/15 at 2:58 am (UTC)
David Ward started a new discussion Do you have a model for elearning modalities?
"I'm seeking a model that categorizes elearning into modalities based on the assumptions that: the model covers only formal elearning, ..."
- over 4 years ago07/21/15 at 6:52 pm (UTC)
David Ward replied to the discussion SMEs vs Training Designers Developing E-Learning: Pros & Cons
"Imagine that your organization needed a new functionality added to its call center software. Would you ask a software developer to code t..."
- over 4 years ago07/18/15 at 5:47 pm (UTC)
David Ward started a new discussion When and why revise a curriculum?
"It can take a lot of time, effort, and money to develop a new version of a curriculum. Therefore, I make sure I have objective criteria t..."
- over 4 years ago07/15/15 at 4:27 am (UTC)
"Great point, Mike. And you mention planning for it. That means it's not only something to consider under development and testing but even..."
- over 4 years ago07/08/15 at 9:54 pm (UTC)
David Ward started a new discussion Creating a Test Plan for Elearning Development
"Benjamin Franklin once said, “if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” In spite of this wisdom, few elearning development projects..."
- over 4 years ago07/08/15 at 4:16 pm (UTC)
"You can't really apply ADDIE and Agile together in the same project effectively. They have to many contradictions of each other in the wa..."
- over 4 years ago07/08/15 at 3:16 pm (UTC)
"Scrum is not really a model itself (nor is it an acronym). It's a type of meeting used in the Agile process. It's named after a scrum in ..."
- over 4 years ago07/08/15 at 3:06 pm (UTC)
"#6. What outcomes is your business seeking?"
- over 4 years ago07/08/15 at 2:55 pm (UTC)
David Ward started a new discussion Quality assurance in courseware development
"How do you implement quality assurance (QA) when developing educational courseware? Some people think of QA as having a few testers revie..."
- over 4 years ago07/06/15 at 6:36 pm (UTC)
"Here are some pros & cons of using ADDIE for project management... http://wardconsulting.com/project-management/the-best-approach-for-..."
- over 4 years ago07/01/15 at 4:46 pm (UTC)
"I recommend bookmarking Section508.gov as a reference. It's a federal site with the official specifications for Section 508 compliance."
- over 4 years ago07/01/15 at 4:31 pm (UTC)
"When an elearning element has a highly interactive design -- particularly if it involves extensive use of a pointing device -- it's often..."
- over 4 years ago07/01/15 at 4:26 pm (UTC)
David Ward started a new discussion Managing Elearning Development Projects
"What project management approach do you use for elearning development and why? Do you think it's a lot different than managing software d..."
- over 4 years ago07/01/15 at 3:11 am (UTC)
""Tin Can" is an obsolete term. It was the name of the development project. Now that it's released, it is called "Experience API" (xAPI). ..."
- over 4 years ago06/30/15 at 5:22 pm (UTC)
""Tin Can API" is obsolete terminology. It's now called "Experience API" (xAPI)."
- over 4 years ago06/30/15 at 3:50 pm (UTC)
"I teach an E-Learning Instructional Design Practicum at a local university. I created a glossary for the course. It is attached here. If ..."
- over 4 years ago06/29/15 at 8:17 pm (UTC)
"Wasn't it Benjamin Franklin who said “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail”? This adage applies to instructional design. I devel..."
- over 4 years ago06/29/15 at 7:44 pm (UTC)