Sharon Huston started a new discussion Moving from Higher Education to Industry?
"I'm thinking about moving from higher education into industry, and would appreciate advice, especially from anyone who has done the same...."
- over 3 years ago12/14/16 at 6:50 pm (UTC)
"Oh, one more good reason to use external files -- I can (for example) write a function to generate a random number, then call it on five ..."
- over 3 years ago11/17/16 at 10:31 pm (UTC)
"Good question! Storyline takes the code you place on triggers and places it in a file called user.js, which is stored in the story_conte..."
- over 3 years ago11/17/16 at 10:30 pm (UTC)
"My #1 reason for placing the code in an external file is that I can make changes to the code without re-publishing the .story file. I re..."
- over 3 years ago11/17/16 at 9:50 pm (UTC)
"What settings are you using in Reporting and Tracking when you publish? There are four options -- Passed/Incomplete Passed/Failed Comp..."
- over 3 years ago11/17/16 at 9:47 pm (UTC)
"I agree absolutely. Accessibility is the single biggest time suck in my workflow. There are so many thing Storyline can do to help with..."
- over 3 years ago11/01/16 at 3:09 pm (UTC)
"Happy to help. The root of the next button problem is that you're only changing the state when the user clicks a marker. You haven't ch..."
- over 3 years ago10/13/16 at 10:09 pm (UTC)
" If it's restricted then you (and Storyline) are controlling the navigation. You don't (for example) have a sidebar menu letting users j..."
- over 3 years ago10/13/16 at 8:36 pm (UTC)
"For clarification: The first time through you want to restrict navigation, so students can only take one path through the material? Then..."
- over 3 years ago10/13/16 at 7:50 pm (UTC)
Sharon Huston replied to the discussion Bug? Incrementing Numeric Var When Text Field Loses Focus
"Pete, I'm experiencing this bug -- how did you work around the problem? Hopefully you're still subscribed to this thread."
- almost 4 years ago08/30/16 at 9:49 pm (UTC)
"Glad I could help. Yes, even importing to a new .story recreates the problem on HTML5 output. This shouldn't be happening, so you might w..."
- almost 4 years ago06/29/16 at 8:03 pm (UTC)
" Just to clarify, I have not tried using a mobile browser. Only a desktop browser.. I only see the problem when viewing the HTML 5 pages...."
- almost 4 years ago06/29/16 at 12:20 am (UTC)
"AH HA!!!! I still saw the problem after re-downloading, so I published, and tried the Flash and HTML5 output in Firefox. I'm seeing the ..."
- almost 4 years ago06/28/16 at 10:46 pm (UTC)
"I opened it in Storyline and used the Preview Entire Project option. Let me try it again, just to be sure I didn't change something bef..."
- almost 4 years ago06/28/16 at 10:35 pm (UTC)
Sharon Huston started a new discussion Simple Inventory System Example
"I recently made a very simple inventory system as a proof of concept, and thought I would pass it on. It's worth stressing this is a VER..."
- almost 4 years ago06/28/16 at 10:22 pm (UTC)
"Odd -- I'm not seeing the problem in the file I downloaded, but I do see it on Amazon. Maybe you need to republish?"
- almost 4 years ago06/28/16 at 9:57 pm (UTC)
"Thanks, Phil! Sadly I can't post the slide, and (equally sadly) I can't reduce the number of triggers. Hopefully Articulate will pay mo..."
- almost 4 years ago06/09/16 at 5:21 pm (UTC)
Sharon Huston started a new discussion Flash = Fast but HTML5 = Slow?
"I have a complicated Storyline module (complicated to me anyway). One slide has over 500 triggers, and the project has a lot of JavaScrip..."
- almost 4 years ago06/09/16 at 2:55 pm (UTC)
Sharon Huston replied to the discussion Using Storyline without flash - flash has been removed from our systems
"Remember, though, when you publish for HTML5 you loose accessibility features. https://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/storyline-is..."
- 4 years ago05/13/16 at 3:52 pm (UTC)
"HA! and suddenly it works. Thanks, Mike -- the layers make this much cleaner."
- 4 years ago04/26/16 at 7:59 pm (UTC)
"Mike, I appreciate your effort! I also tried moving everything to layers (that's where I started, actually!) but it breaks my tab implem..."
- 4 years ago04/26/16 at 7:50 pm (UTC)
"Without seeing your .story I can't say for certain, but have you checked the order of your triggers? You want to be sure you are resetti..."
- 4 years ago04/26/16 at 6:11 pm (UTC)
"I don't have time to install Twine and look at your structure, but here is a basic branching scenario setup in Storyline. This uses slide..."
- 4 years ago04/26/16 at 5:31 pm (UTC)
Sharon Huston started a new discussion Multiple sounds when mousing over the player interface
"I have a strange problem. The attached .story file plays audio when the user mouses over (or tabs to) specific objects in the file. It ..."
- 4 years ago04/26/16 at 5:17 pm (UTC)