Storyline 360 vs Rise

Nov 09, 2016

I’m familiar with Storyline and Studio, but what is Rise? When would you use Rise rather than Storyline 360 or Studio 360?

157 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jennifer, 

Great question - within Rise you have the option to use collaborative authoring if you're on a Teams account and sending a copy of a course to another author (for Teams and Individuals). Here's a helpful overview of the difference between those two. 

If you're looking to share the Rise Block templates with other users, take a look at the info here. 

I'm glad to hear you're liking Rise! Let us know if you need anything else. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi LaTricia,

I took a quick look at the WizIQ site and it seems they're connected with a few different  Learning Management System (LMS) which you could use in conjunction with their tool. Any of those LMSs which support SCORM, AICC or Tin Can API are ones you could use with Rise courses. I know many folks in the E-Learning Heroes community who have mentioned using Moodle as their LMS, but you may want to reach out to your WizIQ team to see what they'd recommend for your needs. 

Steve Flowers

Hi, Susan - 

You can import one or more Storyline blocks into a Rise project. You accomplish this by publishing your Storyline output to Articulate 360, then adding a Storyline block under Interactive in your Rise lesson.

You can use completion in the Storyline module to block progression in your Rise project using a Continue divider with the Completion Type set to "Complete block directly above". This will lock the lesson progression until the Storyline block has been completed.

Melissa Burns

Rachel, my company (Agency) is the same.  Learners primarily use IE. :(  We develop in Chrome or Firefox, though.  Typically the output is view-able on IE even if you can't use it to develop.  (We currently have Captivate 9, I am hoping to get A360 soon though :)  Just thought I'd let you know our workaround for the dreaded IE. 

Jason Watterson

Hi I am new to articulate but enjoying the experience.  I have developed a project in storyline and a colleague has developed a project on rise.  we are not on the same articulate team licence.  1. is it possible to share a storyline project with a member outside my team and 2. can you point me to any resources for integrating rise projects into storyline and visa versa if possible.  Thanks

Jason

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Jason! Welcome to the community! 

It's easy to send a Storyline 360 file to another person. Simply attach the .story file to an email, or save it to a shared drive. Just be sure the recipient moves the file to their own hard drive before opening it to prevent file corruption.

You can embed Storyline 360 content directly in Rise 360 using a Storyline Block. And you can embed Rise 360 content in Storyline 360 using a Web Object. 

Let me know if that answers your questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.