Video content takes your e-learning projects to the next level, but what if you don’t have the resources to record and edit your own videos? Check out YouTube, Vimeo, and other websites for on-topic videos, then embed them in your courses.
Note: Website videos play independently of the slide and aren’t controlled by the seekbar.
Adding Website Videos
- Go to the Articulate tab on the PowerPoint ribbon, click the Video drop-down arrow, and choose Add Slide Video from Website.
- Copy the video embed code from the hosting website and paste it into the Insert Video from Website box.
- Click OK, then set the following properties for your video:
- Show video: Decide whether you want the video to appear in the slide or in a separate browser window.
- Play video: Choose to play the video automatically or only when learners click it. (Note that modern browsers are beginning to prevent media from autoplaying, so learners may need to click a web video for it to play even if you set this option to "automatically.")
- Show video controls: This box will always be grayed-out for website videos.
- Start video: Decide when you want the video to play. By default, it'll play as soon as learners reach the slide. If you'd prefer to wait a certain number of seconds before playing the video, enter a number in the field provided.
- Do not compress video at publish: This box will always be grayed-out for website videos. (Only MP4 videos can be uncompressed. To learn more, see this user guide.)
- Alternate Text: Enter a description in this field to help learners with screen readers understand the content.
- To preview your video, use the play/pause and stop buttons below the thumbnail image.
- To edit the embed code, click the blue text below the thumbnail image.
- Click OK when you've finished making selections.