We know how important accessibility is. We’re committed to delivering features that empower authors to create courses that go beyond compliance and are truly accessible for all learners. With that goal in mind, we’ve overhauled our modern and classic players, making them significantly more accessible. Here’s an overview of what’s changed in the player.
Expanded Screen Reader Support
In addition to JAWS*, learners can now use NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack to view their courses on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.
We’ve not only made it easier for screen readers to understand the structure of Storyline 360 courses, but we’ve also improved keyboard navigation and made it possible for learners to take advantage of many of the standard navigation features that screen readers provide.
Thanks to these improvements, exploring e-learning content is easier than ever for learners using assistive technologies. If you want to dig into the technical details of this new feature, head on over to this page. And if you’re looking for tips on making your e-learning content accessible, check out these resources:
- What Is 508 Compliance for E-Learning and How Can You Achieve It?
- Understanding WCAG: A Quickstart Guide for E-Learning Developers
- Articulate 360 FAQs: Accessibility
- Storyline 360: How to Design an Accessible Course
- What You Need to Know About Designing Accessible E-Learning with Storyline 360
Want to check out the new accessible player in Storyline 360, but don’t have an Articulate 360 subscription? Start a free 60-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.
* Note that JAWS has limited support for Microsoft Edge.