Article illustration

The scenario block in Rise 360 is a great way to help learners understand how your course content applies in real life. And because it’s Rise 360, building scenarios is super fast and easy. But it’s still up to you to dream up the scenario, right? Trust me—I know how intimidating that can be if you’ve never done it before.

To take all the guesswork out of it, I’ve taken this helpful example and distilled it into a simple 6-step method that you can use to create your own scenarios. Let’s take a look!

1. Introduce the Topic

Screenshot of scenario introduction slide that reads, "Can you use our four essential customer service skills? For each of the following scenarios, use our four essential customer service skills to help the customer."

Before you dive into the scenario, start by giving learners some context. Tell them what skills they’ll be practicing in the scenario so they know what to expect.

2. Introduce Your Character

Screenshot of character introduction that reads, "Let

Identify your character and share a little about them. Give learners background information about who they are and the situation they’re facing. To make sure it’s relatable, choose a character from Content Library 360 that looks and feels like someone your learners would encounter on the job.

3. Offer Options

Screenshot of scenario with 3 options

Dive into the dialogue and give your learners some options for ways to respond. To make sure the correct answer isn’t too obvious, pair it with some incorrect but common responses from real life. The point isn’t to trick your learners, but to make them think. For more tips, check out this article: How to Write Plausible Incorrect Answer Options for Quiz Questions.

You also want to make sure that your answer options aren’t too wordy, so learners can focus on the message and not get caught up in the details.

4. Show Consequences

Screenshot of character responding to the learner choice

Show learners how your character responds based on their choice. Showing learners the consequences of their actions in an organic way gives them immediate feedback on their decision.

5. Give Feedback

Screenshot showing an example of feedback

Follow up with some more detailed feedback to let learners know why their choice was or wasn’t ideal.

6. Repeat

Screenshot of a new character introduction

From there, you can either start over at step 2 by introducing another character or start over at step 3 by keeping the same character and continuing the conversation. It’s up to you!

Wrap-Up

When it’s broken down like that it seems easy, doesn’t it? That’s because it is! Now that you have the recipe for creating effective scenarios in Rise 360, it’s up to you to get cooking. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Looking for more tips on creating scenarios in Rise 360? Check out these helpful resources.

Want to try creating a scenario in Rise 360, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial. And subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest product updates, e-learning examples, and expert advice directly in your inbox.