Timelines are a great way to present sequenced information in a single interaction. You can provide historical info to learners and walk them through processes, one step at a time. They display how events took place over time in a digestible way. And since Storyline makes it super easy to create custom interactivity, it’s a piece of cake to create and customize timeline interactions.
If you’d like to try adding a timeline interaction to your next project, you’re in the right place. We’ve rounded up some helpful Storyline interaction templates to spark your creativity and give you a head start. And here’s a fun fact: you can also use timeline interactions as process interactions, so these freebies do double duty. Here are some freebies we think you’ll love:
- Save time creating content with this handy prebuilt timeline template download by Nicole Legault.
- Jump-start your next project with this tabs-style process interaction by Montse Anderson.
- Get a great-looking timeline freebie and see how Jeff Kortenbosch created it with the bonus tutorial.
- See how Alexander Salas combined triggers, layers, and more Storyline features to build this engaging contextual timeline.
- Let learners explore an infographic one step at a time with this timeline interaction by John Toh.
And these are just the beginning of the awesome Storyline templates you can grab on E-Learning Heroes. Check out our downloads hub to find hundreds more. And if you don’t have Storyline yet, start a free 60-day trial of Articulate 360, which includes Storyline 360—the latest version of Storyline with continuously updated new features.