We can picture the scene. You’re hustling to create a design for your latest project—but time’s running out. You’re playing with color themes, browsing templates, and you’re just not feeling it. We’ve all been there.
Don’t worry. We’re going to help you jumpstart your course design with tons of free backgrounds. Creating the right look and feel for your e-learning course is a snap with the right background image. It helps set the mood right off the bat and it ties together the other design elements in your course.
We’ve pulled together a bunch of free background sets, with hundreds of looks—just pick your favorite. Whether you choose a modern flat design style or a subtle, elegant blurred design, you’ll wish everything was as easy as grabbing freebies on E-Learning Heroes:
- Try these flat-style illustrated backgrounds by Veronica Budnikas for a fun, modern look.
- These two sets of blurred backgrounds (this one and this one) by Montse Anderson will give your interaction a sleek, serene atmosphere.
- David Anderson created these soft pixelated backgrounds to help you build a tech-inspired course environment.
- Try a comic book-themed course with this panel layout by Ana Lucia Marguil or this fun background set by Jeff Kortenbosch.
- Make your course feel like real-life with this office environment background by David Anderson.
Need more help creating a great-looking course design? Check out these tips on choosing a color theme for your course and learn more about how color can affect learners’ emotions in this great intro to color theory. And don’t forget to look at all the other beautiful freebies you can score in the E-Learning Heroes downloads hub.