Push vs. Pull: Creating Interactive E-Learning #455

Push vs. Pull E-Learning #455: Challenge | Recap

As e-learning designers, we all want to make our courses engaging and interactive. No one sets out to build boring courses. At the same time, it's no secret that a lot of courses fall into the trap of just throwing information at learners. 

So, what's the solution? Do you have to create more content? Actually, no—you can simply reframe how you structure your existing content and make it more interactive. It's not rocket science; it just requires a little more pulling than pushing. And that's what this week's challenge is all about.

🏆 Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share a before-and-after example that shows how push-based courses can be reworked into more pull-based interactions.

For context and more info, check out this blog post from Tom on push vs. pull e-learning.

Keep in mind that you don’t need to build anything overly complex or technical. What’s most important is the concept and showing how static content can be made more interactive using asking or pulling techniques.

🧰 Resources & Related Challenges

✨ Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

🙌 Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you pull this week’s challenge entry together, check out the dynamic ways to combine all three variable types in e-learning:

22 Dynamic Ways to Use All Three Types of Variables in E-Learning RECAP #454

Using Variables in E-Learning RECAP #454: Challenge | Recap

👋 New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challengesanytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

📅 Next Week’s Challenge

• Challenge #456 (04.05): Chunky fonts. This week we're stepping away from the default fonts and playing with heavy, bold, and thick fonts, to create eye-catching headlines, titles, and whatever else you can imagine. 

🚨 Contact Information

Just a quick heads up – if you want your blog, website, or LinkedIn included in our recap posts, could you do me a favor and add or update those links onto your ELH profile sometime this week?

I found some broken links last week when I pulled the recap together. You spend a lot of time building creative examples, and your work deserves all the attention it can get.

If you make changes, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

34 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone
Jayashree Ravi
Mary Tesch
Jayashree Ravi
Chloe Okura
Tra Nguyen
Sneha Sivaprakash