How Are Designers Using Phat Fonts in E-Learning? #456

Using Chunky Fonts in E-Learning #456: Challenge | Recap

🏆 Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share an example that shows how heavy, chunky fonts can be used in e-learning. You can share a single slide or build out a working interaction to show how you’re using big, fat, and chunky fonts.

Keywords and classifications

Chunky fonts are generally classified as "black," "display," or "ultra bold" within a typeface family. A quick search on Creative Market returned the following categories:

🧰 Resources

Here are some serif-iously good resources on using and finding ultra heavy fonts:

✨ Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

🙌 Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you tackle this week's challenge, check out the creative ways course designers use pull-based techniques to move from pushing information to creating interactive experiences.

15 Interactive Examples of Pull-Based E-Learning #455

Push vs. Pull E-Learning Examples RECAP #455: Challenge | Recap

👋 New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challengesanytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

📅 Next Week’s Challenge

• Challenge #457 (04.12): Pick 3. No, this isn't a lottery challenge. Instead, you'll combine three previous challenges into a single interaction.
  • Challenge #458 (04.19): Roulette games. Inspired by a recent community discussion, this would be an excellent challenge topic to practice working with dials and random number variables.

🚨 Contact Information

Just a quick heads up – if you want your blog, website, or LinkedIn included in our recap posts, could you do me a favor and add or update those links onto your ELH profile sometime this week?

I found some broken links last week when I pulled the recap together. You spend a lot of time building creative examples, and your work deserves all the attention it can get.

If you make changes, please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!

52 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone
Chris Hodgson
Thaddaeus Smith
Thierry EMMANUEL
Thaddaeus Smith
Sherry Stancil
Thierry EMMANUEL
Alex Milyaev