Developing courses that captivate learners is a surefire way to help them absorb and retain important information. But sometimes coming up with ideas to grab their attention is easier said than done. That’s what we’re here for! See how your fellow E-Learning Heroes community members use audio, video, animations, and visual design to attract their learners in these five examples.
Check ’em out:
- Animations don’t have to be complex to be effective! Buzz by this save the bees–themed example by Paul Rodger to see for yourself how simply adding animated text to your videos can create a powerful cinematic effect.
- This brightly colored course about surviving quarantine by Janie Liz Sampaga shows that with a combination of visual design and humor, you can brighten up even the darkest of subject matters.
- Looking for a way to grab your learner’s attention? Try starting off with a question like Julianna Bojko does in this example about setting up a comfortable home office.
- This guide to working remotely by Samuel Apata is a great example of how beautifully illustrated graphics, well-timed animations, and professional voice-over make for an enjoyable learning experience.
- Want to wow your learners from the get-go? Why not take a page out of Nancy Woinoski’s book and create an action-packed video intro like the one in this mountain-climbing adventure.
Join the fun by submitting your own uber-engaging project to this e-learning challenge, or just stop by for more course inspiration. And visit the Building Better Courses forum to get advice and connect with other e-learning pros.