Much like sliders, dials are an interactive object in Storyline 360 and a great way to entice learners to engage with your content. Dials can be used in lots of creative ways, from helping learners explore cause-and-effect relationships to scrolling through data or as custom navigation.
Not only do dials offer plenty of functional versatility, they’re a snap to customize. Easily change up the look of a stock dial with different colors or with your own image. They can also be set up to form a slight arc, a full circle, and every increment in between. This makes dials a great way to reveal content progressively, which is super-helpful when you’re teaching learners about a process. Truly, the sky’s the limit when it comes to fun and inviting possibilities!
But don’t take our word for it. You can see for yourself with this latest round of dynamic dial examples. These creative dials run the gamut, from demonstrating the path of the rising sun to revealing the metamorphosis of a caterpillar into a butterfly. We’re sure you’ll turn the inspiring ideas from these dial examples into your own engaging e-learning!
- Give Jodi Sansone’s Monarch Metamorphosis Dial download a spin to see how to progressively reveal the stages of a process, like a caterpillar’s metamorphosis into a butterfly.
- Keep your eye on the gauge and use the knob to choose the right setting to see how this Air Pressure dial interaction, designed by Tobias Noeske, gives learners a hands-on educational experience.
- Amanda Allen’s bright Sunrise Dial example highlights the passage of time by using an analog clock to chart the positions of the sun in the sky. Just turn the hour hand to see it in action.
- This poignant Global Warming example by James Blackburn shows how to illustrate the cause and effect relationship between global warming and the melting of the Arctic ice sheet.
- Put your knowledge of color combinations to the test with this fun Chameleon Color Dial project, by Jackie Van Nice.
Want to try building a dial interaction for your learners, but not sure where to start? This overview video and the practice activities are a great resource. For more examples, take a look at this collection of sliders and dials. Don’t have Storyline 360? Grab a free 30-day trial of Articulate 360 today.