Scrolling panels are the unsung heroes of e-learning courses. They can be super-useful, for example, when you need to display large blocks of text, or graphics that don’t easily fit on a slide. But that’s not all they’re good for! There are tons of other creative ways to use scrolling panels in your projects.
Here are some inspiring examples we couldn’t stop scrolling through:
- Dog lovers will lap this up! This dog breed glossary created by Norma Fecteau uses scrolling panels for both images and text.
- Looking for a creative way to display a large diagram with limited screen real estate? This example by Rema Merrick is sure to inspire you.
- Jodi Sansone reminds us in this delightful digital recipe book that the right cocktail can make you feel like you’re on vacation no matter where you are.
- Scroll your way through the Appalachian Trail in this uber-creative example by Joseph Suarez.
- The more you scroll, the deeper you go, and the more you learn in this ocean-inspired scrolling panel example by Chris Hodgson.
- Kimberly Eng takes us on a Marvel Cinematic Universe adventure in this scrolling panel timeline example.
If you had as much fun scrolling through these as we did, check out this E-Learning Challenge for more inspiration. And if you’re feeling up to it, why not try submitting a project of your own? For more course design ideas from your fellow e-learning pros, hop on over to the Building Better Courses forum.