The humble tabs design is an e-learning and web design workhorse because it’s super-flexible. Need a simple, intuitive way to organize an entire course? Tabs are a great choice! Want an inviting way to break down lots of related information inside a course? Tabs are perfect for that too!
But don’t let the versatility of tabs fool you. Just because they work for all kinds of scenarios doesn’t mean they’re “basic.” In fact, this latest roundup of tabbed navigation examples and downloads from the E-Learning Heroes community proves that tabs can be versatile, eye-catching, and utterly enticing to learners.
- If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! Or just let Andy Gibson show you the right extinguisher to use in case of fire in this fuego example.
- Sometimes a simple handshake just won’t do. Samuel Apata shares some fun handshake alternatives in this delightful Storyline download.
- This tab interaction by Phil Mayor uses layers and states to share helpful facts about type 1 diabetes in children in a clear and informative way.
- This simple but creative example by Kevin Thorn transforms tabs into folders perfect for sorting all kinds of information.
- Enjoy a dose of nostalgia with this playful example by Montse inspired by the kind of tab dividers used in a three-ring binder.
Are you ready to create your very own tab interaction masterpiece? Join the e-learning challenge and share your project with the E-Learning Heroes community. And connect with other e-learning pros and find more course design inspiration in the Building Better Courses forum.