People love consuming information visually—and not just quick clips of cute animals. Studies suggest that our brains process visuals faster than they process written content. And it makes sense! Watching someone model leadership skills makes it easier for learners to practice that behavior than reading an article about it.
You know it’s good to incorporate video into your courses. In fact, you want to include video clips. But how do you do that in a way that’s stylish and effective? These video gallery examples from the E-Learning Heroes community may inspire some ideas.
- Get your fix of gorgeous time-lapse videos in Phil Mayor’s example.
- Admire the stylish frame that David Lindenberg provides for his interactive media gallery.
- How well can you place celebrity voiceovers? Test your ability in Montse Anderson’s example.
- Explore the sights and sounds of Turkey with Jackie Van Nice as your guide.
- See a “then and now” view of Alkmaar, a city in the Netherlands, with this slider interaction by Michael Hinze.
There’s so much you can do to showcase video. Find more ideas in the E-Learning Heroes examples hub.